11.1 - QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
Our goal is to continually improve our products, processes and techniques and to continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System. To help us achieve these goals we have implemented a Quality Management System that conforms to the requirements of the international standard BS EN ISO 9000:2015 and which has been certified by Advanced Certification, a UKAS accredited body.
We recognise that in order to achieve this goal we have to provide the necessary resources, i.e. financial, suitable equipment and a fully trained and motivated staff.
The System Manual forms the basis of the QMS. It is the responsibility of each individual member of the company, as well as suppliers, to comply with the requirements of the QMS and to inform management either of any deficiency in the system or of any opportunity to improve it.
All staff undergo an induction where the QMS is reviewed and the contents of the Quality Policy discussed. Policies and procedures are also referenced, discussed and communicated to staff at toolbox talks.
The company holds regular management meetings to monitor the QMS and, to ensure that the system remains relevant to the needs of the company. There is an agenda for these management meetings and minutes are taken and maintained.
This policy is reviewed for continuing suitability and there is an annual review at which the objectives for the coming year are agreed.
The Quality objectives for 2018 are:
- Improve reporting in particular costings and cash flow
- Examine downtime cost saving initiative in more detail
- Improve job analysis, analyse target hours and improve productivity
- Consolidate chassis alteration process
- Integrate drawbar trailers into QMS system
- Develop a consistent marketing life cycle system for keeping in touch with customers
- Revise warranty procedures to incorporate repairs
- Update SWOT analysis and feed into 2018 strategy
To monitor and report on the QMS we have appointed an external Quality Consultant, who reports directly to me on quality issues and who shall represent the company during external audits.
30th January 2018